Dr. Andrew Weil is a world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, a healing oriented approach to health care which encompasses body, mind, and spirit. Twice on the cover of TIME magazine and author of 10 books, Andrew Weil, M.D. has become “The voice of reason in a deeply divided world,” according to the San Francisco Examiner.
Get inspired and motivated today with 10 of the most popular Andrew Weil quotes below.
- “Get people back into the kitchen and combat the trend toward processed food and fast food.”
- “Happiness is a skill. It requires effort and time.”
- “It is more important to eat some carbohydrates at breakfast, because the brain needs fuel right away, and carbohydrate is the best source.”
- “By keeping my hand in that, it’s the way I keep learning. The main way you learn in medicine is by practicing and working with patients.”
- “The best way to detoxify is to stop putting toxic things into the body and depend upon it’s own mechanisms.”
- “You’ve got to experiment to figure out what works.”
- “Pay attention to your body. The point is everybody is different. You have to figure out what works for you.”
- “There are no good or bad drugs; there are only good and bad relationships with drugs.”
- “The notion that a human being should be constantly happy is a uniquely modern, uniquely American, uniquely destructive idea.”
- “Please keep in mind the distinction between healing and treatment: treatment originates from outside, whereas healing comes from within.”
What is your favorite Andrew Weil quote? Did you favorite not make this list? Be sure to share it in the comments!
Here’s to an inspired day and an inspired life!